Ride Engine has specific freight receiving instructions in place to protect our customers when a product is damaged in transit. When using our freight carrier it is very important that these procedures be followed. Failure to follow these steps will limit our ability to file a freight claim.
Signature at the time of delivery is required:
- A signature is required at the time of delivery for all Ride Engine freight shipments
- If you instruct the carrier to leave the product without a signature you are releasing Slingshot from all liability of lost or damaged product and you will not be able to file a freight claim.
- INSPECT - Upon receiving your board(s) or any freight delivery, inspect each carton carefully and note any marks, holes, carton tears, tire marks, or any other form of damage on the driver’s waybill.
- If there is not time to inspect and open each individual carton at the time of delivery write “possible concealed damage, pending full inspection” on the driver’s waybill prior to signing it.
- NOTE DAMAGE: All damage must be noted on the driver’s waybill before you sign it. Note any marks, holes, carton tears, tire marks, or any other form of damage on the driver’s waybill and take pictures if of the damage.
- PACKAGING: Please also keep the packaging as the freight company will want to inspect this as well as the product for damage.
- REFUSE DELIVERY: If the damage is discovered at the time of delivery, you may refuse the product and the package will be returned to the carrier. Be sure to take a photo of the damaged package and waybill noting refusal.
* Failure to follow these steps will eliminate your/our ability to file any freight claims.
If the damage is discovered YOU MUST provide the below information within 7 days of receipt of damaged goods to Ride Engine:
- Note DAMAGED GOODS on the bill of lading and keep a copy
- If delivery was refused skip to step 6
- Take photos of the damage, including the damaged box and freight label
- If the damage is ‘concealed’ (not visible by the packaging) claims can be made. Please take product photos and keep a copy of the bill of lading.
- Please also keep the packaging as the freight company will want to inspect the packaging for damage.
- Contact our Customer Service Team immediately so that we can file a claim on your behalf. firstname.lastname@example.org